Thursday 29 August 2013

New Purchases.

Hello monkey pups! 

Today i went shopping, for the first time since i left for America because whilst in America the places were SO large that 10% i was actually shopping and the other 90% i was wandering around looking for one specific item. It took me 25 minutes to find the toothpaste aisle and then there was so many choices i spent the next 15 minutes just staring blankly at all the available options. Needless to say it was even worse when i got to the shampoo and conditioner. 
The first place i took a trip into today was Superdrug where I spent around £32.00 and for what i actually got i personally think it was a bargain! A lot of these products I haven't actually used before so i can't really comment on how good they are yet but watch this space (never said that before, can I pull it off? I think so) 

1) Wake Me Up Concealer by Rimmel for £5.49 (half price as it was buy 1 get 1 1/2 off on everything)

I've heard a lot of positive things about this concealer of a lot of people online and a few of my friends so i decided it was time to jump aboard the bandwagon and try this product out for myself. 


2) Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation for £7.99

I've never been recommended this by anyone and i didn't actually read any reviews prior to buying this however it's been on my radar for sometime and i'm not quite sure why! I think it might be that the package it comes in just looks very professional and simple and when i tried out the colour on my skin it did match it very well so i bit the bullet and just shoved it in my basket before i could actually give myself time to evaluate the pro's and con's. 


3) Bourjous Paris Colour Boost for £7.99 

Lip sticks, Lip pens and lip crayons, basically anything that i can put on my lips that adds colour is a plus for me! I recently bought a Clinique Chubby Stick which i love love love and someone, i can't remember who, attempted to try and persuade me that this does almost the exact same thing and although i'm not really having it because the Chubby Stick is like heaven for my lips, i'm willing to try it out! Mainly to prove myself right but i could also be eating my words after i try this out for the first time! Is it too soon to put "watch this space" again ?


4) Bourjous Paris Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder for £8.99  

This is something i really really really wanted to try, i had previously had a bronzer from this company, i think everyone previously had a bronzer for this company "Delice de Poudre" or "the chocolate one" as some people may know it. This bronzer smells exactly the same except it comes in an amazing package, the mirror was a big part of this purchase and the packaging is great and so handy! You can shove this in your bag and it's perfect for on the go make-up. 


and finally........

5) LOOK Beauty Cheeky Trio for £6.00 

I think this make is new to Superdrug so i spent a lot of time browsing and looking at the different products and this is the one that really caught my eye and i thought it would be a "cheeky" ( get it cheeky, cheeky trio, LOL) purchase. It is a sculpture, blusher and highlighting kit and it just looks like it would be a good product. 


ok so superdrug, check! Next up i went to body shop to look for a specific item. I have been craving a good toner for a while and i've tried a few different ones from boots own to lush brands but for some reason i have found they have all been a problem with my skin. I have very sensitive skin which is a huge pain in my ass when in need of certain products because it means you have to keep searching till you find the perfect one! SO anyhow.. i decided body shop could be a good place to check with the whole, natural ingredients and animal care thing! and i stumbled across this.....

6) Aloe Calming Toner from Body Shop for £8.

The aloe vera in this calms your skin and doesn't cause irritation (hopefully) and it specifically states on the bottle that it is made for sensitive skin so if this doesn't work i think i'm at an end and i should just have to deal with my life without the use of toner on a daily basis, as hard as that may be! *sob* 



Then onto Boots, which i only bought two items in! A record for me? I think so! and the products i bought are practically essentials to any normal girls make up bag so really i didn't actually do any damage whatsoever in Boots! Well.....sort of. 

7) Soap and Glory Glow All Out for £11 

This is a "luminizing radiance face powder" and until now i have always used either a bronzer or blusher with a built in highlighter or the benefit highlighter which is more of a pastey liquidy thingy (possibly not the correct term for it) which i do love but i ran out of it recently and decided it was time for a change so i searched high and low and came across this. This is one of the first Soap and Glory make-up products i've ever bought so it should be interesting to see what it's like. The packaging of this is amazeballs and it does like the quote real deal unquote so ill let you know how it goes. 



8) Benefit Erase Paste for £19.50 

I have had this before and i'll have it 1000x again so i love this product with my whole entire face and i know my under eye dark circles really appreciate this product so i couldn't deprive them from this glorious product. 


THAT IS IT! 
All done. 

I'm going to try out these products and give reviews on some of the ones i love and the ones i didn't think exactly fit the bill. I'm super duper excited to try all these products that i'm most likely going to have a little make-up fashion show tonight for myself which isn't remotely uncool at all ok! Don't judge me! ta. 

Josephine Jane <3 




1 comment:

  1. I want to try Glow all out. I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TOMORROW (every Friday). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete