Friday 22 November 2013

Sleek Blushes



Hello Monkeypups

Superdrug in the UK in a drugstore and one of the brands they sell are called "Sleek"! Sleek is one of my favourite brands because of it's quality and price ratio, obviously it's not up there with MAC and NARS however for a student who earns barely enough to survive, this is perfection. They do eyeshadow pallets, which i may or may not do a separate post on in the future, and a number of other things from contour kits to powders. Sleek are mainly famous for their blushers and pallets so i decided i would dedicate this blog to the blushers. I also love the packaging, from the outside they look very "sleek" (hilarious!) and the inside they come with a handy mirror and are great for makeup bags.




1. Life's a Peach

This basically says it all in the title, it is meant to be a peach colour however i think it ranges more towards the orange on the scale of things but still this was a staple piece for my summer makeup bag because of how pretty and fresh it looks (especially with a tan) but now this it's heading towards winter i feel like this colour is a bit too fresh so i have kind of shoved it to the back of the drawer for next year, i won't be forgetting it though! It goes on really nicely and it's very pigmented so much so that i used it almost every other day in summer and i'm yet to hit pan.


2. Flushed 

I bought this specifically for autumn/winter time because i thought it was a beautiful colour and i was right! I find that this is so pigmented that you only need the tiniest amount and also it doesn't blend to well over the face so you may need to go over this with a foundation brush once you've done but once it on it looks beautiful. Again, with this one, it sort of does what it says in the name, it gives me the cold, flushed winter look and this has been my main blusher for autumn.


3. Pixie Pink 

Again, this was a summer purchase and although it worked well in summer, i also still use it now so it's a good all round colour. I actually only realised this when doing this blog but the names are pretty accurate to the colour of the blush, i would describe this as a perfect pink colour. I tend not to use it too much in the daytime anymore, however for nights out it gives me a good amount of radiance and flush for the face. This is probably my most used Sleek blush because of how versatile it is.



4. Pomegranate 

After raving about the previous 3, i thought i'd save the come down for last. This was the newest addition to my blusher set and it is very very similar to "flushed" and because i was loving that so much i bought this one. The main difference is that this one has a shimmer effect opposed to the matte effect that "flushed" brings. When i got it home i tried it and it was a huge disappointment! It goes on the skin horribly and i find it difficult to blend even after my foundation brush has had a go over it. It just doesn't do a very good job at all and the shimmer is also quite transparent once it's on the skin so it doesn't make a difference in that sense. I have tried different ways of using this blusher, different brushes, techniques, skin preparation and nothing, because it's so highly pigmented and gives little slip it's just a mess on my face. Not what i need when i'm trying to impress people on my uni course anyway.



Thanks for reading guys...have you tried any other Sleek products?
Josephine Jane <3

7 comments:

  1. Like the brand name and colors. Have a great weekend.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fab range of blushes. I wish that Sleek was available in the US

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice choice, dear!
    visit my blog please)

    keep in touch, xoxo
    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing products! =)
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blushes seem great! Definitely something I'm going to have to try in the future~
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peach and pomegranate ones look like fabulous colors!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sleek blushes are amazing, I own a few & I love them Pixie Pink looks gorge!
    xx

    BlueVioletHearts

    ReplyDelete