Tuesday 29 October 2013

Top 5 favourite Lipsticks

Waddup!

I feel like i've not done anything like this before and now that i'm at home bored watching re-run after re-run of Big Bang Theory i thought i may as well give it a bash! No harm no foul right? I think that's the right use of the phrase, maybe not...don't care! Before i start i will point out that with lipstick i feel like you should "go hard or go home" so if you're looking for the perfect nude colour, I'm afraid this isn't the blog for you. I'm always always partial to a bold lip and if i'm feeling like baring all then i reach for the lip balm/lip gloss over a nude lipstick every time.
So without further ado here are my top 5 lipsticks.

1) Rimmel Kate Moss In the shade 22

I feel like this is the perfect red colour, it's the show stopping sort of red you hear people go on about! I personally think Rimmel is the best drugstore beauty brand for lipstick just because of the range they have as well but the texture to these lipsticks are amazing and they are long lasting as well which is great! I use this most often for nights out because i feel like it adds a bit of "zing" to any make-up look.




2) Maybelline Colour Sensational in the shade 912 Electric Orange 

Now i do love this range that maybelline brought out mainly for the colours they produce within it! They have some fab colours that are so completely out there that i couldn't help myself but this colour (and another one from this range) managed to make my top 5! They tend not to last too long on the lips however so i do find myself topping up quite a lot, especially if i wear them to the pub etc because i'm drinking and it just goes everywhere but this colour is a personal favourite of mine.





3) Avon in Matte Crimson 

now i have a lorra lorra love for this entire product! This is the only lipstick in this range i have ever bought so i can't speak for the entire range but i can speak solely for this colour! If i had to recommend any of these products, just one, to any lipstick lover this would be that product! I can't do it justice in words but the consistency, the colour and the wear are all done to perfection! This lipstick is the one i'm finding the most use for this time of year because of it's autumnal berry like colour, the only thing i will say however is the name? I wouldn't put this colour anywhere near the crimson category and i would push it more towards the purple.





4) Maybelline Colour Sensational in the shade 910 Shocking Coral

Again, i said pretty much all i had to say about this brand above so if you don't remember just have re-read and then report back. This colour is pretty much the brightest pink i've ever come across in lipstick form so ordinarily i had to have it! I haven't been wearing this much recently because it has "summer colour" written all over it (not actually written on it) but in summer this was pretty much my staple piece for nights out and i also got compliments when i wore it in the day as well

 




5) Avon Ultra Colour Lip Crayon in carefree coral 

This has actually been a very recent purchase and i know not exactly a lipstick blah blah blah but it's made the cut non the less! My favourite thing about this product is how easy it is to wear, i find myself reaching for this in the day time opposed to the night and i have worn this to uni for the past week. It slides on and it stays on for a while, i also find that it smudges very beautifully so what i tend to do is pop it on then blend it across my lips for a more subtle effect! LOVE.



There you have it my dears my top 5 favourite lipsticks for the time being! Thanks for reading
Josephine Jane <3

2 comments:

  1. The crimson is lovely! I have been wearing dark reds this winter. ^_^

    ReplyDelete